Regular readers will know that I was going for a more neutral colour scheme this year. Clearly the gratuitous use of Neon Violet and other magenta beads means that I’ve failed, but it’s still a quieter and more wearable scheme than last year’s! Plus it goes with the Penstemon in my ‘hot’ colour schemed flower bed.
Here’s the list of beads I used:
Miyuki 8 seeds – 1051 Dyed Galvanised Silver; 2002 Matte Metallic Silver Grey
Miyuki 11 seeds – 1051 Dyed Galvanised Silver; 2002 Matte Metallic Silver Grey; Black Picasso (after factory coating)
Miyuki 15 seeds – 181 Dyed Galvanised Silver; 2247 Fuchsia Lined Crystal Lustre; 1310 Dyed Transparent Fuchsia
Bricks – Pastel Bordeaux; Black Picasso
Mini-duos – Black Picasso; Neon Violet; Antique Silver
4mm Fire-Polished rounds – Transparent Magenta Lustre; Matte Metallic Gunmetal Matte; Neon Violet
3mm Crystals – Preciosa Crystal Vitrail; Swarovski Crystal Light Chrome
The eagle eyed among you will spot that I didn’t use the various sliperit beads, both etched and not, which I showed you in my post about my pre-prep bead selection. I did start off with them but the scheme wasn’t hanging together – so I swapped in some silver and I think it works better. In the end, I think the sliperit works better with warm metallics, which I didn’t have in the shaped beads required, so I’m going to plan something in the future with copper as a base. I’ve got some lovely after factory Coated Crystal Vintage Copper Miyuki 11s – a slightly matted, muted finish and they will look lovely together with maybe a hint of fuchsia (of course). Who knows, I might even use them to make another set of this design.