Last week I was hunting for my wire box (which should have been labelled, but the small people like to take the labels off, presumably to make life more fun), when I happened upon the UFO box. This should really be called the failure box, since this is where I put things I’ve given up on (genuine UFOs which I intend to finish live in a different box in a different room, and I’ve already blogged about them and done nothing to them since).
Amongst a tangle of hopeless failures and technical disaster zones I found several viable pieces, which I think got thrown in there in a hurry when I was clearing my stuff out of the spare room before we had the smallest boy. As he is nearly two and a half you can see it’s been a while since I looked in there, so it was a pleasant surprise to find so much usable work! There were also some lovely beads and a finished pair of earrings……..
In no particular order we have:
- The black net base for a Racel Nelson Smith Ootheca cuff.
- Part of another Rachel Nelson Smith piece in lovely earth colours.
- A finished black and white hollow cube – a sample with more zip beads on the corners than I now do, so an early point in the evolution of this series, but I now think rather fun.
- Some lovely mushroom beads, and a pair of earrings made from them.
- A couple of salvageable beaded beads – the giant pewter ones has issues at either end, but can be embellished to hide them, and the blue one was an attempt at using RAW which didn’t go well, but will be fine as an Anenome base.
- The teeny ones were going to be part of a big piece, but bored me. They will now be a nice little pendant, hung as a trio.
- A khaki and copper attempt at a sea urchin design, which failed as an urchin but could make a rather nice hollow beaded bead.
- A long piece of peyote with graduated delicas that simply needs zipping round a wire core to make a necklace.
- Assorted beads, stones and bits and bobs.
I did find the wire in the end, but got distracted and haven’t used it yet. Tomorrow…….